last night i drove all the way to Placentia to sing karaoke with Dano and Steve at a bar in a strip mall called "Tj's Locker Room". It was pretty much what I expected, although I'm always amazing how traveling only 25 miles outside of LA makes me feel like I'm in Arkansas or something. they were kind of enough to continue buying the pitchers of beer the three of us shared and it took me forever to find a good first song to get me comfortable to pull out the classics later. I chose "Just a Girl" by No doubt (duh). Steve was impressed that I could "actually sing", even though that's still debatable. dano sang YYY's "Maps", steve and I sang "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls, (which by the way has a 1:30 intrumental interlude and that is a long time to be standing there not singing when you're doing karaoke) Dano and I sang "I will buy you a new life" by everclear. I then sang "Say You'll be There" by the Spice Girls because I sang it at my uncle's wedding when I was 12 and everyone loved it then, so why not now? Or song decisions clearly blew out the Carrie Underwood's and the Tim Migraw's of the evening....clearly. Then, right after last call, I decided to sing "99 Problems" a song I thought I knew but Steve warned me that I should have practiced beforehand. Needless to say Jay-Z raps much faster than I ever realized and the machine giving me the lines didn't actually put all the lines in....so I was 4 lines behind at all times, just yelling words, butchering one of Jigga's greatest songs. Oh, I of course knew the chorus, that was the best part. and I yelled "ITCHA BOY!" at the end. We then proceeded to Denny's for a late night snack and talked about Obama, and why Dano thinks that Obama really had won the election when he got the white males vote when he said on monday night football that college football should have playoffs.....I didn't even know that they didn't. ha.
It was a long drive, but I realised that I don't mind driving sometimes, sometimes I really like it. Esp really late at night when no ones on the freeway and I listen to my music really loud and I feel totally alone in the best way.
No comments:
Post a Comment