Monday, October 27, 2008
hi and bye
i'm tired from all the visiting and driving this weekend. going on weekend trips feels like a time warp. like things in la stand still and i'm trying to see as many people as i can in a 48 hour period. Then, I return home to my bed and my messy room and my dirty dishes but i'm much more exhausted than when i had left. it was good to spend time with dano, even if it was mostly in a car. I got to see my family over some delicious food, and then sit in my aunt's living room and talk to her about her perils of raising a teenager and my perils of being a lost post-graduate. I always have and always will find it so effortless to talk with her. Then spontaneously I was able to see Sarah because she invited me, dano and steve to a party. Sarah mentioned how we hadn't legally drank or been to a party together before and I realized she was right. She is a part of my youth before I participated in debauchery. I used to have so many inside jokes as a teenager. Sunday was bike day with Paul. I rode "kitty magic" to the tempe bike co-op and picked out a sweet little frame to take to the kitchen and maybe build my own bike. I thought about what the dynamic of the trip would have been like if spence would have come like previously planned, but there's no way to know for sure. somedays are harder than other's with this sort of movement away from a previous me. Moments and days move at odd paces, speeding up and slowing down. I question my job everyday as I feel more frustrated here than I used to. Maybe my patience is waning. Maybe I just miss having a job where I met and talked to people. Today feels hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment