Wednesday, January 28, 2009

see you later, monkey

Today is my last day with Ava and I'm trying to create little rooms in my brain where I can keep her the way she is right now. Her little belly. Her toothy smile. Her tiny voice. Her high fives. She is magic.
And she will grow everyday until I see her again. And I will say "geeze, kid, you are so big" and hope that she hasn't forgotten who I am. I have, after all, been around her for 85% of her life so far.

So for the next three hours I will be storing as many memories as I can in the little rooms hoping that they stay.


high five...pound...thumbs up!




1 comment:

triSARAtops said...

oh she is precious. how long will it be til you see her again?
i'm moving away from my little niece and nephew and they are going to be the hardest to leave!
i love chunky baby cheeks!!